Full Day Beginners (£250)
A comprehensive course aimed at getting you from novice level to basic competence. It covers these topics and a 2 fish ticket:
- Assembling equipment
- Tying fishermen’s knots
- Basic casting techniques
- Basic entomology (insects)
- Retrieval techniques
- Playing a fish
- Netting a fish securely
- Humane dispatch
- Catching and releasing
Full Day (£270)
If you have been fishing for a while and would like to learn the tips and techniques that will help you move up to the next level, this course is for you. It covers these topics and a 2 fish ticket:
- Double hauling
- Coping with longer leaders
- Casting directly into the wind
- Special casting techniques
- Delicate dry fly presentation
- Shooting a fly under trees
- Choosing leader length
- Choosing the right fly for the conditions
- Dry fly techniques for lakes and rivers
- Stalking techniques on lakes
- Reading the water for fish movement
- Catching and releasing
These courses is ideally taken one-on-one. However, we can also teach a group of up to three that you put together yourself. Note: All participants must be at a similar skill and experience level and will cost an additional £150 per person.
Half Day (£150)
Similar to the full day course but if you don’t need tuition on the full list of advanced techniques, you can take a half-day covering selected topics from the advanced one-day course. (The topics you want covered should be agreed by Steve in advance.) Note : All participants must be of a similar skill and experience level and will cost an additional £130 per person.
2 Hour (£70)
Brush up on any aspect of your casting and other fly-fishing techniques.
Tailored instruction and help (P.O.A.)
This might include
- Guided River Trout Fishing
- Guided Grayling River Fishing
- Tuition for small groups
- Specific personal tuition
- Tuition on your favourite river
- Fishing holiday planning
- Equipment advice
Gift vouchers available for all courses or amounts. Contact Steve for details.
- For whole-day courses, lunch (not included in the price) can be taken at a local inn. Let us know at the time of booking if you want to do this.
- Whole-day courses run from 9am to 5pm(in the winter to 4pm(or dusk, for river trout or grayling), with a one-hour break for lunch.
- For group classes, the maximum group size is 3 (2 for grayling).
- Half-day courses run from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm, or from 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
- The minimum age for children taking a course is 8 years. For children aged between 8 and 16, parents or a guardian are requested to be present throughout the period of instruction. River trout fishing and grayling fishing instruction are for adults only.
- The price of a day’s guided trout fishing on a local river depends on the river, the beat, and the date. Please note that this offering is very much for experienced flyfishers only.